Chetan Bhagat and his books

Chetan Bhagat has been my favorite author after i started reading his books and i am reading them over and over again. His books don't have the stylish vocabulary like other English authors, but the way he has written the stories -- AWESOME is the word for that. It makes any reader to read his book and stay glued. I started with Five point someone. I was reading this when i was on my vacation for my marriage. After my haldi ceremony i had two days where i wasn't really allowed to do anything. I was not even allowed to meet my would be husband. So, i started reading this book, chapter by chapter and yeahh i don't wanna lie but i finished the book within 2days!! I was so much into the characters that i felt as if i am right there in IIT,Delhi and seeing Hari, Ryan and Alok. That's the charisma of this writer. He brings the characters alive.

I wrote an email to Mr. Bhagat and he was kind enough to respond back to me within 15days. I was so excited when i read his email. I purchased his other three books and started reading them. According to me undoubtedly his best book is FPS. It was like a blockbuster hit. The book didn't really guide anyone how to get into IIT, but it definitely helped students to understand the pressure of IIT or any such college and how can you fall on your face if you want to play against the system.

Second one is 2 States. It was his story of how he married his wife Anusha. This story looks like any ordinary guy's story. First you fall in love with a girl and then realize how difficult it is to actually materialize the relation. For we Indians, as he mentioned on the book cover,

Boy loves Girl. Girl loves Boy.
Girl's family has to love boy. Boy's family has to love girl.
Girl's Family has to love Boy's Family. Boy's family has to love girl's family.
Girl and Boy still love each other. They get married
.

This was how Ananya and Krish got married in this book. The beauty of this book is how he has depicted the incidences where he goes to chennai and tries to woo her parents. The process of convincing parents is the best part in this book. The second best part is how they stick to their relationship after getting jobs and after finishing their studies. It is an eye opener for people who fall in love first and then realize that they cannot convince their parents and they break their relationship. At the end they get married and live happily ever after, just like we see in most of the movies. There is going to be a film on this book very soon.

Third one is 3 mistakes of my life. Well this book wasn't a humorous one. It was a pretty serious book. It is a story about a common guy from Ahmedabad who wanted to commit suicide after getting disappointed with his own life. This story is heart touching partly because i am an Amdavadi and i too underwent the trauma of earthquake and the riots just like Govind in this book did. But in his life he struggled alot to open his sports shop and how his dreams shattered when the building collapsed with the earthquake. But he didn't give up and he succeeded. I really appreciate Chetan ji to write a story like this. Even if its not about cool stuffs like IIT or call centers. It is a life lesson for many people. I tried to find that guy online using all sources orkut, google etc but somehow i couldn't track him down. I just wish if i could meet him once when i go to ahmedabad. He is the real life hero.

Anyways that's all for now. Waiting for more books from him. I emailed him asking what is his next book goin to be. But i m still waiting for his response. I am following him on twitter so that i know his updates..

1 comment:

  1. I love his books. Now, I cant wait to get my hands on Revolution 2020.
    Cheers.

    Megha Sarin

    http://www.meghasarin.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete

Poke your nose here

Profile visits