The term "super power" must have evolved from the US - Russia relationship. Lets talk about the super power nations. What is exactly meant by being a "super power nation" ? A nation that is capable of influencing the entire world.
- A country should be able to influence events and its own interests to the world.
- It should be economically very strong and should provide monetary support to other big countries.
- Technology wise it should be at the advanced level.
- It should have advanced millitary and have excessive power interms of nuclear resource. In short, a country that dominates in political and millitary power.
- China has an authoritarian regime, while India still hosts democracy. It has been proved in history that authoritarian regime often renders impressive short term economic growth and development. Eg. China in 1990s. Whereas, democratic regimes tend to be very sloppy with public arguments, vocal press and stubborn land lords. Hence, rapid economic growth is out of the question. It more leads to social distortion.
- India has an active democracy, but it is highly corrupt.
- While China has a legal system that doesn't protect the intellectual property rights. China sells pirated movies, software & music widely in the world market.